Are You Suffering from a Sport, Exercise or Musculoskeletal-related Condition?
October 02, 2020
Dr Mike Rossiter MB BS, MSc, FRCP, FFSEM, MRCGP is a Consultant in Sport, Exercise & Musculoskeletal (MSK) Medicine. Dr Rossiter is MSK Lead at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Vice President for the Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine.
He regularly sees children, adolescents and adults of all abilities with sport, exercise or musculoskeletal-related conditions, including:
• Joint and muscle pains, including osteoarthritis
• Soft tissue injuries
• Fatigue relating to exercise
• RED-S (Relative Energy Deficiency Syndrome)
• stress fractures
• breathing/chest issues related to exercise
• exercise advice relating to chronic illness
• sports-related concussion
• medication relating to sport/exercise
• disability issues relating to sport/exercise
• exercise during/after pregnancy
• exercise in the elderly
• tendon-related issues (including the use of shockwave therapy and PRP injection therapy)
• exercise induced leg and arm pain, including compartment syndrome.
Away from his NHS work, Dr Rossiter has also worked with a variety of professional sports for 20 years, including Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for GB Hockey, attending four Commonwealth and three Olympic Games (including the Gold medal for the Women at Rio 2016) as well as European and World Cups as the team doctor. He has been club doctor at London Irish, Southampton FC and CMO for GB Synchronised Swimming and worked as a Sports Physician for the English Institute of Sport, at Bisham Abbey, for 9 years, treating elite able-bodied and disabled athletes across many sports.
He is one of the match day doctors at Twickenham covering immediate care for the players or as one of the independent match day doctors for concussion (including the Rugby World Cup final in 2015), tutor on the RFU’s Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport Course and independent match reviewer for concussive events in Rugby from Premiership to International matches. He was CMO for Team England CMO for the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia, CMO for Team GB at The European Games 2019 and has been appointed as Team GB Deputy CMO for the Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games and Team England CMO for the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Other roles include Premiership Rugby Medical Advisor (including leading on Covid-19 policy relating to professional sport) and he is part of the UK anti-doping medical committee
Call our enquiry team on 01256 315010 to book an appointment with Dr Rossiter.