Dr Brant studied medicine at Cambridge University, graduating in 1989 before clinical training at St Thomas’ Hospital London. He qualified in 1989 and undertook a long period of intense medical training, becoming a member of the Royal College of physicians in 1992. He started his radiology training in 1996 and gained his fellowship of the Royal College of radiologists in 1999. After a further year-long fellowship in Cambridge he became a consultant Radiologist at Basingstoke Hospital in 2003.
Dr Brant is an experienced educator and former Royal College Tutor. He regularly lectures to professional audiences on Musculoskeletal imaging and teaches regularly on internationally attended FRCR courses for Radiology trainees.
- Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine imaging
- Cross-sectional Imaging
- Image interpretation/diagnostic reporting of MRI, CT scan, Ultrasound Scan and Xray imaging
- Extensive experience of Ultrasound Guided diagnostic and therapeutic injections of joints and treatment of tendon and ligament based conditions especially in the area of Sports Medicine with regular experience treating high level athletes and sportsmen and women
- Investigation and treatment of Rheumatological conditions
- Ultrasound guided shoulder injection and hydrodilatation. Ultrasound guided injection/ calcium barbotage of shoulder calcification
- High volume injection procedures of Achilles Tendinopathy
- Fluoroscopic (X-ray guided) injection of joints for therapeutic and diagnostic MR Arthrography procedures as well as Hydrodilatation of shoulder for Adhesive Capsulitis
|Requires a referral