Dr Andrew Bishop
- Consultant Cardiologist at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Consultations & Appointments
- Weekdays – Monday and Wednesday with adhoc as required
Training & Qualifications
- MA Cambridge
- MBBChir Cambridge
- MD Cambridge
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians
Dr Bishop graduated from Cambridge and Guys & St Thomas’ and trained as a consultant in cardiology and medicine in London at The Hammersmith, The Royal Brompton and Guys & St Thomas’ hospitals before moving to Basingstoke & North Hampshire NHS hospital with Dr Brookes in 1999 to set up the cardiac unit.
He specialises in invasive cardiology particularly the treatment of coronary disease with angioplasty and stenting. Dr Bishop sees patients with all forms of heart disease and also continues to practice more widely as a general physician.
Patients are typically referred to Dr Bishop with the following:
- Chest pain
- Blackouts or dizzy spells
- Fluid retention
- Heart murmurs or heart valve diseases
- Blood pressure which is difficult to control
- Patients with heart disease who have other complex medical problems
Dr Bishop sees patients as outpatients, day case procedures and those needing inpatient care.
- General cardiology
- Interventional cardiology
- General internal medicine
- Coronary intervention
|Clinical Base||Requires a referral||Paediatrics||Insured||Consultant Fees|