Diabetes is a medical condition in which a person’s blood sugar levels become too high. The two main types of diabetes are Type 1 and Type 2. Approximately 90% of diabetic adults in the UK have Type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is when a person’s body is not able to produce enough insulin.
If diabetes is left untreated, it will become increasingly worse. Symptoms that should be investigated include:
- Feeling thirsty
- Passing urine more often than usual
- Feeling tired all the time
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
Candover Clinic is able to offer a dedicated team of professionals aimed at providing patient centred diabetes care.
The Diabetes team will:
- Support people to manage their diabetes in the way that they choose
- Improve standards of diabetes care
- Provide care in the right setting for the individual’s needs
- Educate people, their families and their carers about living with diabetes
- Educate healthcare professionals to deliver safe and effective diabetes care
For more information about each consultant and the consultation fees they charge self-funding patients, please click here to view the consultant page.