Mr Duncan Avis
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Training & Qualifications
- University of Bristol MBChB (Hons)
- University of Swansea MSc Trauma Surgery (Hons)
- FRCS Tr & Orth
- British Diploma in Hand Surgery
Mr Avis is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a specialist interest in Hand and Upper Limb Surgery.
His general surgical training, including academic teaching and research roles, was undertaken in Bristol, the South West and South Wales.
Mr Avis subsequently moved to the Wessex region for my specialist orthopaedic Registrar training, during which time he completed an MSc in Trauma Surgery. Following completion of his training, and award of the FRCS Trauma & Orthopaedics examination, he spent a year on the prestigious British Society for Surgery of The Hand (BSSH) Fellowship at the Queen Elizabeth and Royal Orthopaedic Hospitals in Birmingham. This allowed him to work and study all aspects of hand surgery in an internationally renowned centre.
He is one of a minority of Hand Surgeons who have been awarded the British Diploma in Hand surgery and as such he is knowledgeable of the most up to date evidence and surgical techniques on which I base my decision making.
He is interested in all aspects of hand and upper limb surgery, including elbow and shoulder surgery.
He appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the North Hampshire Hospital in Basingstoke in July 2017 where he practices as a hand and upper limb surgeon. He has a busy elective practice and participates in the on call trauma service. He is actively involved in teaching and research.
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Elbow surgery and shoulder surgery
- Peripheral nerve compression
- Nerve decompression surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and decompression
- Cubital tunnel syndrome and decompression
- Painful stiff joints
- Joint replacement surgery
- Joint injections
- Ligament injury and repair
- Tendon Injuries
- Tendon repair
- Tendon transfers and grafts
- Fractures and fracture fixation
- Dupuytrens disease
- Fasciectomy and dermofasciectomy
- Skin grafts
- Excision of lesions
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Shockwave therapy
- Arthroscopy of wrist, elbow and shoulder joints
- Frozen shoulder
- Subacromial impingement
|Clinical Base||Requires a referral||Paediatrics||Insured||Consultant Fees|